Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Genesis of It All

HAVE you been offered a job that fits your qualifications, dreams, and passion to a T? Let me tell you that rarely anything else can match the surge of excitement that'll come to you as you listen to big promising plans and picture in mind each detail that can get underway if pieces will fall in its proper places. After all it's not every day that a dream job may be offered one's way. 
This was exactly how I recall that day in 1985 when the blueprint of a soon-to-be-born music magazine was presented to me ►the chosen captain. The desire within me to put ideas into action was so intense. Part of me wants to take the ship off the beaten path while the other part just wants a smooth sailing voyage. Lest we forget, the route this virgin ship is set to sail on in the mid-80s have long been conquered and traveled up and down by pioneers, veterans, and other unforgiving dream breakers in the songhits industry. Yet the youthful stubbornness of this absolute beginner want none of that loser's attitude. In my mind's eye I can make this my one moment in time. Put my heart into it and just let the dreams in my head play on.  And so off to sea the M.O. ship braved the odds. Through good or bad times and a few growing up pains, the music magazine eventually found a life of its own. Its determined will to accommodate and satisfy every reader's request supplied the oxygen that kept it breathing, while the seemingly endless task of delivering the expected goods every other week became an outlet of expression for me. And as weeks turned into months and months into years, M.O. discovered the route that lead to a successful formula. A personalized, unique formula concocted, appreciated, lived and loved by the greatest avid music lovers and followers, writers and artists, contributors and musicians who had undoubtedly made each voyage an enjoyable cruise and memorable experience for everyone. Without a doubt, it cemented a lasting bond between its fans and editorial staff.
We found out early in life that presents that come with ribbon always catch attention and praise. I consider I.M.O.C. the ribbon to my gift to the music world we all love.

No comments:

Post a Comment